Stroke survivors face many obstacles in their journey through recovery. Last week I was a guest with Brain Harris of MedRhythms on his show Brains with Brian. We discussed many topics and the needed push effective stroke recovery plans require to get enough reps to drive motor recovery with neuroplasticity.
We covered many topics including how to move the elephant in the way of stroke recovery and the following:
- My background and my training as a physical therapist
- My stroke and when it happened
- My experience with “stealth” rehab and home stroke recovery plan
- My challenges throughout my rehab process and how my training as a PT impacted my recovery
- My take on the biggest unmet needs for stroke survivors and how to move an elephant
- Importance of walking recovery post stroke
- My experience with RAS (rhythmic auditory stimulation) and gait training
- Beginnings of the Know Stroke Podcast. Why we start it and why is it important to the stroke community
- Technologies related to rehab that have the potential to connect care and improve outcomes
- My advice to companies that are trying to innovate in stroke care
- My favorite music and what moved my recovery forward
- What does the future of stroke care and stroke research look like? It is my turn to answer the ‘magic wand’ question!
Here’s the Replay- Enjoy!
How Do You Move and Elephant?Keep Pushing- Brian Harris, CEO and Co-Founder MedRhythms